Support for Japan Inclusive Football Federation
We concluded a partnership agreement with the Japan Inclusive Football Federation,* as an initiative from the standpoint of respect for diversity and contributing to the realization of a society where everyone can live in harmony. Based on this agreement, we provide support for the development of inclusive soccer sports.
Going forward, we will continue as an official partner to support this activity that broadly seeks to eliminate barriers through soccer, helping to build a society in which people can coexist regardless of their disabilities.
- * The Japan Inclusive Football Federation (JIFF) is an organization that brings together seven inclusive soccer sports associations. JIFF carries out activities under its commitment to create a vibrant society that respect’s each person’s uniqueness through the benefits of sports and soccer regardless of disability.
Appreciation Award from the Japan Football Association and JIFF
Official Partnership Agreement with Fujieda MYFC
Since fiscal 2018, we have been in an official partnership agreement with Fujieda MYFC, a professional soccer club in a J. League J3. The team’s home town is the Haibara District of Fujieda City, Shizuoka Prefecture, where our Shizuoka Plant is located. Therefore, we provide our support to the team as a partner with the goal of lending our cooperation to the Haibara District of Fujieda City in Shizuoka Prefecture, which promotes revitalization of the town through soccer, and also to contribute to the community and boost the motivation of our employees.
Fujieda MYFC logo
Fiscal 2021 Special Match Day
Fiscal 2021 Special Match Day Encouragement Award presentation
Relations with Local Residents and Participation in Local Events
We are working to enhance the welfare of local communities by proactively interacting with local residents and participating in local events to deepen our ties with them, as well as engaging in volunteer activities and making donations.
Kawasumi Laboratories (Thailand)
Sumitomo Bakelite Europe NV
[TOPIC]Sumitomo Bakelite Europe NV supports the FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge
Sumitomo Bakelite Europe NV supported the FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge* for the first time as a partner This is a worldwide technology competition for young people ages 11 to 14, in which teams build their own LEGO® robots, program them for competition, and work out technical solutions to a variety of problems. With the support of the Belgian province of Limburg, more than 1,400 students participate in this project each year, providing a technical education opportunity for youth.
* FIRST® LEGO® League Challenge
- Established in 1998 by the U.S. non-profit organization FIRST® and the LEGO® Group, It is the world’s largest international robotics competition for youth. There are currently approximately 67,000 teams in 110 countries, with world championships held annually in several locations around the world, in which representative teams from each country participate.
Under our Group’s business philosophy (Company Philosophy), we cooperate on cultural and academic activities such as symphony orchestras, environmental conservation activities such as the Keidanren Committee on Nature Conservation, which works to actively protect nature and conserve biodiversity, and international events such as the International Chemistry Olympiads (Details: URL below) in which senior high school students compete against one another to demonstrate their chemistry capabilities. In fiscal 2021, we made donations to Shizuoka Prefecture (for the Southern Alps Environmental Conservation Project) and Nogata City in Fukuoka Prefecture (to help advance carbon neutrality), following our donation the previous year to Akita Prefecture in the form of a payment of the corporate version of the Hometown Tax.
We also donate directly to specific groups across a wide range of fields including schools and education, social welfare, academic promotion, R&D, regional development, international exchange, and sports for people with disabilities. Through these donations, we are helping to create a better environment and support the development of the next generation. Recipients of our donations include the Japan Association for the 2025 World Exposition and the 28th EU-Japan Fest Support Project (January 2020 to March 2023).
Looking ahead, we will continue this support to create a brighter future for all people.
Southern Alps Environmental Conservation Project (potentilla matsumurae [shinano kinbai] on Mt. Arakawa)
- 2024/02/01 Sustainability Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. announces its establishment of “Human Rights Policy for the Group of Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.”
- 2023/10/31 Sustainability Integrated Report 2023 of Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. has been issued.
- 2023/06/21 Sustainability Selected as an iSTOXX® MUTB Japan Platinum Carrier 150 Index
- 2022/10/31 Sustainability Integrated Report 2022 of Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. has been issued.
- 2022/10/14 Sustainability Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. Receives Gold Medal in EcoVadis Sustainability Assessment
- 2022/05/27 Sustainability Participation in the 30by30 Alliance for Biodiversity