"Purpose"/"Business Philosophy"/"Vision"/"Our Code of Conduct"
Toward a sustainable society through expanding potential of plastics
“Our Company places prime importance on trust and sureness, and shall commit itself to contributing to the progress of society and enhancement of people’s welfare and livelihood through its business activities.”
This Business Philosophy is in line with the abovementioned Sumitomo Group's Business Philosophy, and this Business Philosophy connotes the followings:
|1.||We value trust and confidence of all concerned and endeavor to meet all the expectations given to us as an entity under the name of Sumitomo.|
|2.||We take steadfast steps in managing our Group without pursuing speculative profit.|
|3.||We make contributions to prosperity of the nation and improvement of people’s life through our business activities of research, development, production and sales of creative and innovative plastics.|
We aim to become “a company that makes your dreams for the future a reality” by creating value for our clients.
1. A company that contributes to solving social issues and continuously grows and evolves
2. A company that walks together with customers and other stakeholders
3. A company where employees can be active
Our Code of Conduct
1. We contribute to the realization of a sustainable society and provide products and services that satisfy our customers.
2. We conduct fair and transparent business activities in accordance with laws, regulations and corporate ethics.
3. We are committed to creating safe working environment and maintaining and promoting good health.
4. We actively promote efforts to preserve the global environment.
5. We respect the human rights of all those involved in our group's business.
Relations with Stakeholders
|Customers||We work in good faith to live up to its responsibilities related to such issues as product quality, delivery dates, and prices as well as to quickly respond to customer needs.
To achieve this, we have established the CS* Promotion Committee, which continuously endeavors to enhance customer satisfaction.
|Shareholders & investors||We are committed to distributing dividends in accordance with consolidated financial results and are taking steps to disclose all relevant information.
To attain these goals, we are increasing the rigor of corporate governance, and ensuring the timely disclosure of relevant information.
|Local communities||Operating as a member of local communities, we seek to contribute to the regions in which it operates while giving careful consideration to environmental protection issues.
We disclose information to local residents by organizing factory tours and proactively participating in local events.
|Government entities||Besides maintaining rigorous compliance with relevant laws and regulations, we endeavor to make information publicly available and engage in two-way communication with local government entities.
For this purpose, we are establishing internal mechanisms for monitoring the revision and enactment of laws.
|Business partners||We engage in impartial and fair business transactions and cooperates with our business partners to realize CSR procurement objectives.
Accordingly, we maintain day-today dialog with business partners to confirm the propriety of transactions and clarify the terms of contracts.
|Employees||We strive to create safe and pleasant working environments and provide employees with meaningful and satisfying careers. We are endeavoring to reduce workplace risks by implementing diverse risk assessments, and we are providing all employees with educational opportunities through the SB School.|
- * See the glossary.
- 2023/10/31 Sustainability Integrated Report 2023 of Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. has been issued.
- 2023/06/21 Sustainability Selected as an iSTOXX® MUTB Japan Platinum Carrier 150 Index
- 2022/10/31 Sustainability Integrated Report 2022 of Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. has been issued.
- 2022/10/14 Sustainability Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. Receives Gold Medal in EcoVadis Sustainability Assessment
- 2022/05/27 Sustainability Participation in the 30by30 Alliance for Biodiversity