Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. (the “Company”) recognizes the significance of the protection of personal information and ensures its protection according to the following policy:
|1.||The Company will acquire personal information through legal and fair means.|
|2.||When acquiring personal information, the Company will clearly state the purpose of use in advance and use the acquired information only within the scope appropriate for the stated purpose of use.|
|3.||The Company will not disclose the acquired personal information to any third parties without a prior consent of the individual, unless otherwise required by law. However, the Company may jointly utilize the acquired personal information with its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, subcontractors, and business partners without the prior consent, to the extent permitted by law.|
|4.||When the Company outsources the handling of personal information to a third party, it will ensure appropriate management and supervision.|
|5.||The Company will maintain the accuracy of personal information and manage it safely.|
|6.||The Company will implement appropriate information security measures against unauthorized access and computer viruses to prevent the loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of personal information stored in a database as electronic data.|
|7.||Upon receiving a request for disclosure, revision, suspension, or elimination of personal information, the Company will do so as reasonable after verifying the identity of the person who submitted the request.|
|8.||The Company will educate and enlighten its employees on the handling of personal information. In addition, the Company will assign a manager to be in charge of personal information at each relevant division to ensure proper management and use of such information in daily operations.|
Handling of Personal Information
I. Utilization Purpose of Personal Information
(1) Utilization Purpose customers’ and business partners’ personal information
- To make proposals and provide information (including sending catalogs, etc.) regarding the products and services handled by the Group.
- To sell, provide, and support the products and services handled by the Group
- To develop and provide better products and services
- To respond to inquiries and requests for information etc.
- To provide information about seminars, exhibitions, and events
- To conduct and analyze questionnaire surveys
- To communicate and discuss business transactions
- To conclude and execute contracts and to manage contracts after they are concluded
- To perform payment and other accounting procedures
(2) Utilization Purpose of the Company’s shareholders’ personal information
- To respond to the exercise of shareholders' rights and fulfill the Company’s obligations in accordance with the Companies Act and other related laws and regulations
- To provide various benefits to shareholders in their position as shareholders
- To implement various measures to facilitate the relationship between shareholders and the Company
- To manage shareholders, including the preparation of shareholder data in accordance with prescribed standards under applicable laws and regulations
(3) Utilization Purpose of job applicants’ personal information
- To consider and decide whether to hire or not and the conditions of employment
- To make administrative contact and send documents related to selection and employment
(4) Utilization Purpose of retired employees’ personal information
- To create various personnel data
- To conduct various communications and procedures, etc. after retirement (including communications and inquiries related to the operation of corporate alumni associations and the distribution of internal newsletters)
II. Joint Utilization of Personal Information
(1) Scope of entities and/or persons who can jointly utilize personal information
- Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.
- Subsidiaries and affiliates of Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. (The scope of entities is limited to those disclosed to the public by Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd. in its latest annual securities report or in its website, etc.)
(2) Purpose for the entities and/or persons who jointly utilize personal information
(3) Items of personal data that can be jointly utilized
Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other items necessary for the above-mentioned purpose of joint utilization (Note: This does not apply to personal information that belongs to the category of “(2) Utilization Purpose of the Company’s shareholders’ personal information” mentioned above.)
(4) Party responsible for the management of personal data
Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.
January 31, 2020
Contact for questions regarding personal information
If you have any questions or complaints regarding the handling of personal information by the Company, please contact the following
(1) Contact for response and acceptance
|Address:||：||Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.
General Affairs & Legal Dept., General Affairs Div.
5-8, Higashi-Shinagawa 2chome, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan
(2) Office hours
Monday through Friday (excluding national holidays and year-end and New Year holidays)
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:40 p.m.